Unfortunately, not everyone will follow our tips for a
safe night. It's easy to get carried away at a party and forget
how much you've had.
If someone gets themselves into trouble it's worth knowing
what to do. Problems can range from someone being sick and
upset to coma. Make sure you know what to do in any situation.
If someone passes out
- Try to wake them by shouting and pinching them.
- If that doesn't work roll them onto their side, making
sure that their head is turned to the side.
- Try to keep them warm and loosen any tight clothing that
might be restricting their breathing.
- If their breathing is shallow and they feel cold and clammy
then call 999 immediately and wait with them until the ambulance
- If they stop breathing they will need mouth to mouth resuscitation
- if you aren't comfortable doing that, try to find someone
If you have any doubts about what to do, call NHS Direct
for free, confidential advice on 0845 4647.